Tyrosine Matrix - from Premier Research Labs
Tyrosine supports mood during times of occasional stress, when dopamine and norepinephrine levels may need additional support.
Tyrosine Matrix is especially important if there is an iron deficiency (which comes from eating white flour enriched with rock forms of iron). Otherwise, thyroid and adrenal problems could follow.
Tyrosine, a conditionally essential amino acid, is formed by iron and phenylalanine. Tyrosine is a precursor to the thyroid hormone, thyroxin, and to catecholamine neurotransmitters. It may be converted to dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (also called adrenaline).
Contents / Ingredients:
Calcium (as carbonate from Aquamin F) - 39 mg
L-Tyrosine - 1005 mg
Tyro-Synergy Support - 300 mg
Rhodiola rosea (root) Extract, Aquamin F Mineralized Red Algae (whole) (Lithothamnion sp.), Turmeric (rhizome) (Curcuma longa), Chinese Salvia (root) (Salvia miltiorhiza)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose Capsule
Quality One Guarantee: No magnesium stearate (an undesirable excipient), artificial colors, artificial flavors or artificial preservatives.
Take 3 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Neurotransmitter support during stressful times; helps with thyroid or adrenal problems
Dramatic help for burned out adrenal glands, which support your body's ability to handle stress, provide sustained energy throughout the day, manage fluid balance and fight inflammation.
Adequate sleep is also crucial for adrenal health.
Adrenal Support Supplements in Priority Order:
- Pink Salt
- Max B-ND
- Tyrosine Matrix
The adrenal glands are a key organ system for managing fluid balance, settling inflammation and providing sustained energy throughout the day. The adrenals help you sail through the negative effects of stress, including emotional, mental and physical stress, and they fight fatigue and muscular weakness.
The adrenal glands need 3 things to stay strong and healthy and any deficiency of these is the underlying cause of weak adrenals:
1) Adequate healthy unprocessed salt daily and more than you would think. See our Pink Salt for description.
2) Adequate B Vitamins. See our Max B-ND for a non-synthetic, live source B supplement.
3) Sleeping at least 5-1/2 hours without getting up (or lifting your head more than a foot). Any less breaks the cycle of adrenaline production. If you are not sleeping through the night, there are a number of possible causes. Here are the primary ones I find:
- Weak gallbladder, so the body wakes up in middle of night as gallbladder is attempting to process fats. Use our Gallbladder-ND and also see our Liver/Gallbladder Cleanse. I see this about 70% of the time when I test people.
- Deficiency of melatonin. Use our non-synthetic, live-source Melationin-ND. I see this necessary about 20% of the time.
- Neurotransmitters have gotten scrambled (often from sleep and depression medications). Use our Tranquinol for 2-3 months. I see this about 10% of the time.
- An additional sleep problem affecting many people is that they have to get up at night to urinate. This is usually a bacterial infection in the bladder. This usually takes 30-60 days to clear. Try our Uriven in combination with Allicidin. That usually helps. If not, you may also need a high dose of Hyssop Complex. Call after 30 days and I'll help you figure it out.
In adrenal stress, there is a continual, wholesale magnesium excretion from the body. In these cases, no matter how much magnesium is consumed, magnesium levels will often continue to be low. In these instances, we suggest our Premier Magnesium.
If you are over 35 and have eaten a lot of "enriched" foods like white flour or cereal, the rock form of iron in enriched white flour can bioaccumulate in the liver and cause low serum iron levels, which may inhibit tyrosine production. Organic, sulfite free, apricots are rich in copper and antagonize the trapped iron in the liver and over 6 to 8 months can clear this liver burden, provided no enriched foods are consumed.
Soak 6-8 dried apricots for at least 20 minutes, then eat. After 3 weeks, continue eating the apricots, and add 6 organic and sulfite free dried prunes to the diet to increase iron levels naturally. This can take 3-4 months. Iron plus phenylalanine produces tyrosine. You can also take our Tyrosine Matrix formula in the meantime.
It's also important to eliminate foods that add to stress or have a stimulant affect, such as coffee, soft drinks and junk food. Avoid extremely challenging exercise or anything that raises cortisol (the fight or flight hormone). Find ways to reduce stress including yoga, meditation, prayer, working less hours, time in nature and being with people you love.